Wishes to wins
Terms & Conditions
The following definitions apply to these Terms and Conditions:
The following definitions apply to these Terms and Conditions:
- “Cardholder” means the primary cardholder of eligible Scotiabank credit cards.
- “Promotional Period” refers to the period from October 25th, 2023 to January 10th, 2024.
- “Promotion” refers to this promotion and not any of the Bank’s other promotions or programs.
- “Eligible” refers to the qualification to participate in this Promotion.
- "Purchases" means any retail, internet purchase, phone or mail order purchase or Point of Sale transactions.
- “Eligible Purchases/Transactions” means any retail, internet purchase, phone or mail order purchase or Point of Sale transactions not including returns/credits, any fees and/or bank charges.
- “Eligible credit cards” refers to all Scotiabank issued credit cards with the exception of Business Credit Cards.
- “Good standing” means the account should not be overlimit or past due any amount.
- “Reward” refers to the prize fully described below that a customer may receive if they are selected as a winner in the Promotion.
- "Scotiabank" or “Bank” means The Bank of Nova Scotia Jamaica Ltd.
This Promotion is opened to legal residents of Jamaica who are 18 years of age or older. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the applicable laws of the named country.
How to Participate/ Prize:
During the Promotional Period Cardholders from the different countries will receive one entry for every Eligible Purchase with a minimum spend requirement as outlined below. There is no limit on the number of entries a Cardholder may receive during the Promotional Period.
Minimum Spend Requirement
Main Prize Value
Second Prize Value
Third Prize Value
For example, if a Cardholder in Jamaica does 3 transactions, one for JMD$12,000, another for JMD$25,000 and another for JMD$44,000, this customer will receive 2 entries in the Promotion - one for the spend of JMD$25,000 and the other for JMD$44,000.
The minimum spend requirement is inclusive of GCT or other applicable Government taxes, as per territory.
- Each entry will qualify the Cardholder to be entered in to win one (1) of the three (3) prizes available in the Scotiabank Holiday Wish List Campaign. Note that a cardholder can only win once in the “Scotiabank Holiday Wish List campaign.” There will only be one (1) winner for each prize per country.
- Prizes in the Scotiabank Holiday Wish List Campaign can be redeemed as follows:
- A home makeover or part thereof, to the maximum value of the prize
- One year Grocery, Gas, and/or Utility payment, to the maximum value of the prize
- An All-Expense vacation trip to a destination of your choice, to the maximum value of the prize
- Winners will be required to claim their prizes between 10th February 2024, and April 8th, 2024. Failure to claim prizes by the 8th of April 2024, will amount to a forfeiture of the prize.
In addition to the prizes above, Scotiabank credit card holders will also have the chance to win cash back prizes for all eligible international spends completed across the Black Friday Weekend, that is, between November 23rd, 2023- November 28th, 2023.
The table below further details the total number of winners per country, the minimum spend requirement, and the value of each cash back prize:
Number of Winners
Minimum Spend Requirement
- This Promotion is open to legal residents of The Bahamas, The Cayman Islands, Jamaica, and Turks and Caicos Islands, aged 18 years of age or older, who hold an eligible Scotiabank credit card with the exception of employees of the Bank, its respective parent companies (The Bank of Nova Scotia and Bank of Nova Scotia Group) and subsidiaries; their immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, siblings and their respective spouses) and/or those living in the same household of any of these employees. Employees of the Bank’s advertising and promotional agencies, as well as their immediate family members, relatives and/or those living in the same households are also not eligible to participate in the Promotion.
- Eligibility is restricted to selected Cardholders whose account is still active at the time of the draw, is in Good Standing and has not been frozen or closed.
- All Eligible Transactions will be submitted as entries; there are no limits on the number of entries a Cardholder may receive. All transactions in local and foreign currency are eligible.
- Transactions from unauthorized card use or those made with lost, stolen, or fraudulent Scotiabank credit cards will be considered void for the purposes of this Promotion.
- The draw for the prizes for both the Scotiabank Holiday Wish List and the Black Friday Weekend campaigns will be done on Tuesday, January 29th, 2024, at 11 A.M. by the Scotiabank Regional Product Marketing Units for the respective countries.
- The allotted number of winners will be randomly selected from an electronic customer database with qualifying entries using a randomizer. Three winners will be drawn for the main prize with the 1st winner being the main prize winner, while second and third drawn winners will receive the 2nd and 3rd place prizes accordingly. Four (4) entries per country will be drawn as back up winners and will be selected as substitute for any of the three main prize winners, in the order that they were draw.
Draw - Consumer Disclosure / Notification of winners
- Attempts to notify the winners will be made by telephone, three (3) times within three (3) business days from the date of the draw. Should the Bank be unable to speak to the winner by telephone within the aforementioned period, another winner will be drawn from the back up winners in their stead. After being notified by telephone, an email will be sent to the winner. The winner will then be required to provide proof of their age and sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Prize Acceptance and Release within three (3) days of the email notification to be confirmed as a winner. The winner will also be required to provide proof of ownership of the Scotiabank credit card that was used to win the prize within the stipulated time period. A valid form of National identification must also be presented to collect prize. For example, National ID card, Passport, or Driver’s License.
- If the winner declines to fulfill these conditions to collect the prize, their eligibility will be voided, and another winner will be drawn from back up winners in the order they were selected. All unaccepted prizes will be retained by the Bank.
- Contact will be attempted using the Cardholder’s phone number as found in The Bank’s records. If the winner cannot be contacted by telephone within three (3) business days of the draw date the Bank has the right to offer the prize to a backup winner.
- The winner’s name may be published in the media. By participating and accepting a prize the winner agrees to the use of his or her name, image in videos and photographs without compensation in any forthcoming publicity by Scotiabank. If disagreement is expressed, the prize may be forfeited.
- The winner will be responsible for any taxes, tips, visas, insurance and expenses not explicitly stated as part of their prize, and must agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Bank from and against any or all claims, losses, injuries or damages resulting from participation in the Promotion.
- The use of your Eligible credit card to make purchases constitutes your consent to participate in this Promotion and your consent for The Bank to obtain your name, address, and other information for the lawful purpose of administering this Promotion and for other uses as permitted by applicable law. Scotiabank reserves the right, with consultation and approval from the relevant Gaming Commissions (as applicable) to void any and all entries of an entrant who Scotiabank believes has attempted to tamper with or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of this contest.
- This Promotion is a limited-time promotion which will run from October 25tth, 2023, to January 10th, 2024.
- A Cardholder’s reward earned through participation in this Promotion will be forfeited in the event that the Cardholder ceases to be a Cardholder at any time during the Promotional Period.
- Prizes are not transferable and are subject to change, with approval from the relevant Gaming Commissions (Betting, Gaming and Lotteries Commission in Jamaica, National Lotteries Control Board in Trinidad and Tobago, Gaming Authority of Guyana, and the Gaming Board for The Bahamas in The Bahamas) as applicable.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded.
- The Bank will not be responsible for changes to the prizes.
- Scotiabank will issue no representation or warranty in respect of the prize.
In all matters relating to this Promotion, the decision of the Bank shall be final and binding in all respects.
- Scotiabank has the right to exclude any individual from this offer in its absolute discretion without any obligation to provide notice or reason.
- Scotiabank reserves the right in its absolute discretion to vary the terms and conditions of this Promotion or change or withdraw this Promotion at any time without giving any reason. In the event of a dispute arising from this Promotion, the Bank’s decision is final. These terms and conditions apply only to this Promotion and do not apply to any of the Bank’s other promotions or programs or any other promotion or program in conjunction with the Bank and any other entity or brand.
These terms and conditions apply only to this Promotion and do not apply to any of the Bank’s other promotions or programs or any other promotion or program in conjunction with the Bank and any other entity or brand.
To unsubscribe from receiving communications about and to opt out of this Promotion please call the Scotiabank Contact Centre by dialing the number on the back of your Scotiabank credit card.
See further details on Credit cards.
Authorized under section 58(3) of the Betting Gaming and Lotteries Act of Jamaica.
Authorized by the Gaming Board for The Bahamas
* Trademark of The Bank of Nova Scotia, used under license.