Activate and win an SUV - Terms & Conditions
Promotional period: June 1, 2021 to August 31, 2021
Scotiabank “Mastercard Debit Spend & Win an SUV” Campaign
The following definitions apply to these Terms and Conditions:
- “Cardholder” means the primary cardholder of eligible Scotiabank debit cards.
- “Promotional Period” refers to the period from June 1, 2021 to August 31, 2021.
- “Promotion” refers to this competition and not any of the Bank’s other competitions or programs.
- “Eligible” refers to qualification to receive an offer to participate in this promotion.
- "Purchases" means any retail, internet purchase, phone or mail order purchase or Point of Sale transactions.
- “Eligible Purchases/transactions” means any retail, internet purchase, phone or mail order purchase or Point of Sale transactions not including returns/credits, any fees and/or bank charges.
- “Eligible debit cards” refer to Scotiabank Mastercard Debit card
- “Reward” refers to the prize a customer gets when they are selected as a winner in the competition.
- "Scotiabank" or “Bank” means The Bank of Nova Scotia Jamaica Ltd.
How to Participate/Draw Prize:
During the promotion period customers will receive one (1) entry for every eligible purchase done with their Scotiabank Mastercard debit card. There is no limit on the number of entries.
For each entry, the customer will be entered for a chance to win one (1) of (2) two prizes of a 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander Premium or 2021 Hyundai Santa Fe. The winner drawn first will get the chance to choose between the prizes. The other prize will then be awarded to second drawn winner.
Prizes will be available to winners by October 30, 2021.
- This promotion is open to legal residents Jamaica, 18 years of age or older, who hold an eligible Scotiabank debit card with the exception of employees of The Bank, its respective parent companies (The Bank of Nova Scotia and Bank of Nova Scotia Group) and subsidiaries; their immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, siblings and their respective spouses) and/or those living in the same household of any of these employees. Employees of The Bank’s advertising and promotional agencies, as well as their immediate family members, relatives and/or those living in the same households are also not eligible to enter.
- Eligibility is restricted to Scotiabank Mastercard debit cardholders whose accounts are still active at the time of the draw, are in good standing and have not been frozen or closed.
- All eligible transactions will be considered toward the earning of entries; there are no limits on the number of entries. All transactions in local and USD currency are eligible.
- Transactions from unauthorized card use or those made with lost, stolen or fraudulent Scotiabank cards will be considered void in the matter of this draw.
- The draw for the prizes will be done on Tuesday, October 5, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. by the Regional Products/Marketing Team at Scotia Centre Building, Corner of Duke of Port Royal Streets, Kingston. Due to current COVID-19 pandemic draw could possibly be done virtually.
- The allotted number of winners will be randomly selected from an electronic customer database with qualifying entries. Four (4) entries will be drawn as “back up winners”.
Draw - Consumer Disclosure / Notification of winners
- Attempts to notify the selected entrant will be made by telephone (using the cardholder’s phone number as found within the Bank’s records), five (5) times within five (5) days from the date of the draw. Should the Bank be unable to speak to the selected entrant by telephone within the aforementioned period their eligibility will be voided and another entrant will be drawn from the “back up winners” in their stead (in the order they were selected). After the initial telephone notification, an email will be sent to the selected entrant. The selected entrant will then be required to provide proof of their age and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility/Prize Acceptance and Release within five (5) days of the email notification to be confirmed as a winner. The winner will also be required to provide proof of ownership of the Scotiabank debit card that was used to win the prize. National valid ID must also be presented to collect prize. For example, National ID, Passport, and Driver’s License.
- If the selected entrant declines to fulfill these conditions to collect the prize, their eligibility will be voided, and another winner will be drawn from “back up winners” in the order they were selected. All unaccepted prizes will be retained by the Bank.
- First drawn entrant will be given two (2) days to choose between prizes. The other prize would then be offered to the second drawn entrant. If first entrant fails to provide preference in two (2) days second drawn entrant will be given the opportunity to choose.
- The winners’ name may be published in the media. The winner must agree to the use of his or her name and photographs/ videos featuring their image and likeness without compensation in any forthcoming publicity by Scotiabank or the prize may be forfeited.
- The winner will be responsible for any taxes, tips, insurance and expenses not explicitly stated as part of their prize and must agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Bank from and against any or all claims, losses, injuries or damages resulting from participation in the promotion.
- The use of your eligible Scotiabank debit card to make purchases constitutes your consent to participate in this Promotion and your consent for The Bank to obtain your name, address and other information for the lawful purpose of administering this Promotion and for other uses as permitted by applicable law. Scotiabank reserves the right, with consultation and approval from the relevant Gaming Commissions to void any and all entries of an entrant who Scotiabank believes has attempted to tamper with or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of this contest.
- This Promotion is a limited-time promotion which will run from June 1, 2021 to August 31, 2021 inclusive.
- A cardholder’s reward earned through participation in this Promotion will be forfeited in the event that the cardholder ceases to be a cardholder at any time during the Promotion.
- Prizes are not transferable and are subject to change, with approval from the Betting, Gaming and Lotteries Commission in Jamaica.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded.
- The Bank will not be responsible for changes to the prizes which result from circumstances outside of their control.
- Scotiabank will issue no representation or warranty in respect of the prize.
In all matters relating to this promotion, the decision of the Bank shall be final and binding in all respects, subject to the approval from the relevant gaming authorities.
Subject to the approval from the relevant gaming authorities:
- Scotiabank has the right to exclude any individual from this offer in its absolute discretion without any obligation to provide notice or reason.
- Scotiabank reserves the right in its absolute discretion to vary the terms and conditions of this Promotion or change or withdraw this Promotion at any time without giving any reason. In the event of a dispute arising from this Promotion, the Bank’s decision is final.
These terms and conditions apply only to this Promotion and do not apply to any of the Bank’s other promotions or programs or any other promotion or program in conjunction with the Bank and any other entity or brand.
- For further details on Scotiabank Mastercard Debit cards please visit jm.scotiabank.com.
Authorized under section 58(3) of the Betting Gaming and Lotteries Act of Jamaica. (Applicable to Jamaica only)
* Trademark of The Bank of Nova Scotia, used under license.